I'd like to share the e-mail message we received from Andrea Caruthers today. It's very encouraging that things are moving along faster than usual. But, please pray for those families who are in a VERY long waiting process for getting a child from China. We joined an adoption small group at our church, recently. And one family is in that indefinite holding pattern waiting to hear from China. Here we thought of going that route. But, God directed us to a different country and to an older, waiting child and now it seems things are speeding up for the route that we're headed down. We hope it'll continue so that we can meet Penny soon. Meanwhile, I've started learning a few simple phrases in Thai. "Hello" is "Sawadee ka (for women) and Sawadee krup (for men)". The same word also means "Good bye".
Below you'll find the exciting words of the e-mail message we received today: (two days after Andrea mailed our dossier off to Olympia, WA)
We've experienced a truly unusual turn around for State verification - I found your dossier waiting for me today on my desk with the State Seal !!
I am thrilled at the fast pace things are moving...and have turned around and sent it off for federal verification & Thai Consulate approval. This should take approx. 2 weeks - up to 3... during busy times. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment