
Well, since this is the second time in a week that I've had insomnia and been on the computer at 1:30AM, I thought I should add a post. Most of the time my sweet wife keeps you all informed about the escapades of the Regan family as our wait now continues into the 20th month. I'm never quite sure how to deal with the waiting for Thailand to invite us over and the emotions that go with it. A few nights ago when I was on the computer after lying awake for a long time, I even started another session of tears for the wait. I've certainly shed many over these months of waiting. I will be returning to work in four weeks for another school year at Liberty Common School. This year will be interesting in that sometime during the year I will need a substitute that will be comfortable, or at least able to hold their sanity, while playing piano, singing, dancing, smiling, giggling, perhaps even directing a concert, and the like with around 300 Kindergarten through 9th graders, all for about three to four weeks! :-) Hopefully, I will find the right person that doesn't mind short notice to step in and keep things flowing in the music realm at school.
This week I've been reminiscing about my school days growing up in Fort Collins. I've been trying to come up with ideas to help my students know that I've been "in their shoes" in many similar ways to when I was their age. So, I came up with a neat-looking poster of all of my school pictures from Kindergarten through 12th grade, which is attached to this post. Many thanks to those that put such wonderfully encouraging comments on our posts to help us through this time of waiting. May the waiting stop soon!
Jay
3 comments:
I love the poster. What a great idea!
I think about you guys and hope your wait ends SOON! Hang in there!
Robin
Waiting is so strange, isn't it? Sometimes it doesn't seem real that we have a child on the other side of the world waiting for us...
I bet Penny will appreciate that poster too. : ) I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. It will be over before we know it (Augh!) and next summer will surely be different than this one!!! (Yay!)
I can not wait for our summer. Hope that you have news soon. Thinking of you all.
Julie
Post a Comment