The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Monday, February 23, 2009
What started rotten ended great!
What a crazy, roller coaster weekend. We had these great plans for going to the mountains. As it turned out, we went but Penny wasn't as thrilled as we thought she'd be. She slept most of the time going up to Rocky Mountain National Park and then was complaining to go home the whole time we were up there. When we went shopping she was grumpy. When we got home she was disappointed because the friend who had promised to call from Thailand didn't call. Then when I told her I wanted to do something other than what she was demanding me to do she got all sore and out of sorts. The mood continued the next morning with her insisting that from now on she'd do everything by herself and she wouldn't ask her parents for help. She got all ticked off when I turned off the computer Sunday morning. Then it was, "Fine, I'll never use the computer, anyway!" But, finally I got her to sit on my lap and had a long talk with her about why I'd much rather spend time with her than with the computer and how loved she is. It went into a discussion about love and family which led to a discussion about God's love. At first I didn't think she really cared or was listening because she was like, "This has nothing to do with God." But, later at church she seemed much happier. She started going up to every little kid she saw and she reached out her hand to one kid who looked scared and she said, "God loves you!" The rest of the day she was in the happiest mood ever. We had so much fun. After church we took a long bike ride. She was very thrilled to plant some starter seeds for some flowers and vegetables for our up and coming garden. And she really wanted to study Japanese with me, which ended with much laughter and hugs by bed time. I never would have guessed with the way the earlier part of the weekend went that we'd end it on such a happy note. Praise God! And what's really cool is that while she was riding home with me from the library on Sunday afternoon she told me that although she sometimes misses Udon Thani she is really happy to be living here in Fort Collins. What a major break through! Thanks for all of your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a challenge for Penny to be adapting so well and yet longing for her old life/friends in Thailand. I think she is doing very well handling her adoption. I cannot imagine being in her shoes. Just think how you felt while in Thailand (longing for home). Unfortunately, she is still trying to seek the way to express these emotions so they aren't always happy. But, she is doing so well and loves you both so much!!
Post a Comment