Sunday, July 04, 2010

Penny's Vacation
















Well, I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of Penny's trip out to SD to visit her grandparents and cousins. We had so much fun during that weekend when I was there. And then I understand that the fun continued for Penny while I came back to the Fort to go back to work. She was very brave to stay away from mom and dad for a whole week. We've gradually worked her up to longer trips and doing sleepovers. But, I'm happy to say that after a year and a half she can handle long road trips and spending time with the relatives, even when Mom and Dad aren't around. But, my mom said that she definitely was excited to come home. The night before they left Penny was doing laundry and packing so fast. And then she got up at 3 a.m. My mom had to tell her to try and go back to bed. She was too excited to sleep the night before they left. Thankfully, she and the cousins didn't have any major feuds. In fact one of the cousins had so much fun that she came along with Penny and my folks when they brought her back to CO. So, here are some photos of the fun. I was going to download the video of when she gave Grandma a special surprise (the skin of a snake)! But I can't find it. I have a very adventuresome daughter who likes to pull pranks on others. : )

2 comments:

Mireille said...

Great pictures of Penny and your family!! What a lovely time!!

Angie said...

Great that Penny feels secure enough to spend time away from you. That can only mean that she feels totally bonded with you, and not fearing that you're leaving her. Praise God for that! We're going to try this with Amarin (along with his brothers and sister) for a few days.