Sunday, August 29, 2010

Reminiscing about Udon Thani






This summer Penny was really missing her friends. She spent a lot of time with Jay, since he had the summer off. And she got too spend a week with her cousins and played with some neighbor kids. But, it wasn't the same as having grown up in an orphanage where she was constantly surrounded by other children. Now that she's back in school, she's sad because her best friend from Korea has returned to Korea. So, she's definitely been homesick and missing the familiar from her previous life in Udon Thani. My husband and I wish that we could have spent more time in her hometown. I visited Udon Thani back in 1999 before I ever knew Jay or Penny. When Jay and I went to get Penny we only got to spend about 5 days there. We spent almost five weeks in Bangkok, on the other hand. So, it is our dream that someday we'll be able to return and spend more time in Penny's birthplace. Because I've got Udon Thani on my mind, I'll share some photos here.




2 comments:

Ellie said...

That's got to be quite an adjustment for Penny! It's sad that her first friend here has left. Praying that she makes a new close friend here! Hopefully someday you will be able to travel back and visit Udon Thani!!

Megan said...

Jet really struggles with not having alot of kids around, too. How disappointing her good friend from Korea has moved back. We sure wish we lived closer, Peanut mentions her alot! I enjoyed seeing the pics of Udon Thani. I would love to go back and travel around Thailand seeing all parts of it. How did the interview go for Jay??