Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shining as Gold






I am so thankful for God's goodness even during this trying time. The little suffering that we are going through is nothing in comparison to what so many other brothers and sisters in the Lord are struggling with. And it's nothing compared to what our Lord Jesus suffered on the cross in order to set us free from sin. Our family has been struggling lately with the stress of not knowing what's going to happen to Jay's job (once again). Since we brought Penny home from Thailand, a little over three years ago, we both have had three job changes. This was not at all what we had expected. But, we humans like to make our plans, but it is the Lord who directs our paths. I never would have chosen this road. But, God knows what He is doing by allowing all of these challenges along the way. He has been allowing these difficulties to refine us so that we may shine as gold for Him. Lately, Penny and I are reading an amazing book, called, "The Heavenly Man". It is a true story of one Chinese pastor who was imprisoned for his faith. Penny keeps asking me to read more. She doesn't want me to put it down. I think the true stories of God's incredible miracles and answers to prayer for these Asian believers is strengthening her own new faith in Jesus. She told me that God is changing her heart. This is a wonderful answer to this mama's prayers for her daughter. Let's pray for our children that they may know Jesus. He is the only Savior and the way to the one heavenly Father who loves all children and loves to welcome them into His family.

Our own family has all been struggling with illness. It started with me bringing home a bug that I caught from the preschool where I work. It made me sick for 11 days. Next Jay caught it, just before he was scheduled to sing for the Good Friday service. But, God enabled him to get through the song without coughing. Then Penny started coming down with it when she was singing for the Easter service. So, we had a simple Easter. After making it to the late service, we came home and took some family pictures, had a little brunch and then Jay and Penny crashed. I'm just thankful that we had the freedom to worship Jesus and celebrate His resurrection freely, together as a family. Lately, one of Penny's favorite songs on K-Love is by Newsboys, "God's Not Dead, He's surely Alive!" We're so thankful that He is alive and well and loving us through the ups and downs of life. Now we are praying that Penny will be feeling better by Monday, when she is scheduled to take standardized tests required for her home schooling.

2 comments:

Arnold family said...

Thanks for sharing, we are praying for your family!The Heavenly Man is such a great book, life changing! Best to you all!
Holly:)

Anonymous said...

I got chills when I read that Penny says "God is changing her heart". LOVE. Brings tears to my eyes, Chandra. Yes, let us pray for our children to know Jesus, the one and only Savior, the Living God! What higher calling or higher joy is there in parenting, than that of guiding our children toward the cross and praying for them daily. I love reading about how He is working in all of your lives.

Penny is gorgeous! That pale blue is stunning on her.