The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Thursday, August 09, 2012
Certificate of Citizenship
Turns out that we finally got the letter telling us that we can go pick up Penny's certificate of citizenship. WACAP had been asking us to get that for her ever since we came home. But, we waited until March to dole out the money to apply for it. I forget the amount, but I believe it was over $500. So you can guess where a good portion of our tax return went...back to the government! And, naturally, the USCIS doesn't make things easy. So, we wait for five months and finally get a letter that we can go get her certificate at only one place in the whole state. The office is located on the far southwest side of Denver. So, it's fortunate that Jay and I have both quit our jobs and are more flexible with our time, now, although Jay's new job is now starting up. So, next week when Penny and I go down to Denver to meet with our home inspector, we'll head on over next to the lovely USCIS office, to get her certificate of citizenship. She already is a citizen, since becoming adopted. But, I guess that it's very important for her to have the documentation to prove it, especially since she's thinking of getting a job in the near future and going to college in 3 years! Can you believe it? She just came home three and a half years ago and she'll be going to college in less than that amount of time!?! But, she has told me that she thinks she'd like to stay home while attending college. Perhaps that's why God is also leading us to Denver, where there'll be more opportunities for her higher education. We're trusting Him to lead and guide her in her future. We know that He has had his eye on her all along and saw her inside her mother's womb, before she was ever born. He knew that her birth parents would leave her, but He was always there, watching over her, even before she knew of His existence. She is His special daughter and He will never, ever leave her. She is truly a citizen of His kingdom, which is never-ending!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was so shocked to find out the amount, and I am applying for Sneha's as soon as we get our taxes and then get going on Joy's readoption stuff. Can't wait to see you all!!!
Holly & family
That's odd. The government mailed Amarin's to him...right to our new address.
Post a Comment