Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Big Reorganizing Project of Bathroom Drawers-- Jan. 2014

Okay, this is the one I promised to show pictures of the Before-And-After photos of the mess that lead to the transformation.  Do you have any places in your house that are driving you crazy?  One of those spots for me were our bathroom drawers.  They were a jumbled mess.  When we originally moved in, a little over a year ago, I put some of that bumpy stuff that's supposed to cover shelves and keep things from slipping.  Well, the little pieces were constantly slipping, sliding, bunching up and knocking things over in the drawers.  My little travel-sized mouth wash container was always tipping over and slowly spilling out over the hairs that were stuck in the bottom of the drawer. Penny's floss sticks were constantly falling out of the bag and mixing with everything, etc. You get the picture…ugly!  Here's the proof…

Here are the nasty culprits at the bottom of the drawers that I have gladly discarded!

So, the next steps involved cleaning out the yucky drawers, measuring the space and cutting contact paper, which I didn't actually stick to the drawers, but, it fit nicely under the wood sides of the drawers. That way I can easily remove it in the future, if I want to replace it.





I just used a few pieces of scotch tape to help secure it.  Then it was time to organize the mess of the items I had removed from the drawers.  Some found other homes, others were placed together in piles of like items.

Then, using the idea I "stole" from a blog, I used up our old boxes from things like cereal, packages we'd received over Christmas time and from crackers, etc. and a box cutter to make them fit in our drawers.
Next, I cut pieces of contact paper to cover the boxes so that if they become messy, again, they'll be easy to wipe up.  Now, don't ask me my rhyme or reason for wrapping the boxes in contact paper, because I had none, which will be obvious, upon close examination of the boxes.  Let's just say that I am not mathematically inclined, so they more works of modern art than nice precision.  But, they will still serve their purpose, nonetheless.

And now, for the part that you'll all been waiting for….Drum roll on the knees…. the final product…
Now, I get so excited to brush my teeth!  It brings me such pleasant joy to open up the drawer and find everything in it's own neat little space.  Thanks for the blogger inspiration!


No comments: