Since I can't easily buy them in the U.S. I just make my own, using the frozen Rhoes buns, stuffing them with canned anko (sweet beans), which I can find at Asian markets.
Other than good Japanese comfort food, there's always our sweet kitty to cheer us up when we are attempting to do our school work.
And the subject that seems to be the most relaxing to Penny lately is that of art. She seems to be enjoying her weekly art projects. She's completed two more since the last time I blogged. Here is her Egyptian hieroglyphics art project…
The symbols say, "beauty", "love", "joy", "peace", "protection", and "Jesus".
And today she finished her Greek art project for Week 3. Here is her work of art…..
I'm really proud of her and think she's doing a great job. She's also doing a great job at writing about the different eras of art history in her journal, as well as typing up paragraphs about what's she's learning. This year my two main goals for her, during her senior year, is to improve in and gain confidence in writing, as well as to prepare for trying to take the GED. I think she's well on her way for working towards the first goal. Writing is no longer reducing her to tears anymore. I'm very pleased at her progress in this area and believe she'll continue to excel.


No comments:
Post a Comment