I thought she did a great job! This week she'll be learning about 18th century art in England and America.
My own experimentation did not meet with such success. Someone had given me a pre-made package of some Indian lentil curry mix. I thought it'd be fun to make it and add vegetables to it. I like lentils and I like curry. So, here is what I tried to make.
And, the conclusion was…. a big THUMBS DOWN! We all agreed that it had a taste and texture akin to DIRT! Never again!
However, the rest of the food that I made was delicious. I made Thai sticky rice….
And tandoori chicken….
However, I did not add the food coloring that they usually do. And my conclusion is that baking it at the highest temperature possible makes the bird shrink too much and makes it hard to scrub my pan off, afterwards. So, I think next time around I won't follow the directions to cook it at such a high temperature.
On the home schooling front, we are keeping busy. Here's what a typical day looks like when I'm at home. I'll be washing dishes and checking my teacher's answer key as Penny asks me if she's doing her work correctly. Here the book is our English grammar book. She is currently reviewing all that she's learned so far, including things like proper verb usage, punctuation, verbals, gerunds, infinitives, etc.
Yes, recipe book holders come in very handy when you're homeschooling. It typically holds algebra, American government, and grammar books more often than recipe books.
Hope you all have a great week! We hear that our temps are supposed to eventually get back up to the 50's around here. Woo-hoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment