So, it finally came out of storage and got dusted off.
I also pulled out my matcha (Japanese green tea powder).
Besides the green tea powder, I also needed sweet beans and milk and cream and vanilla.
Here is what it looked like while the ice cream was mixing...
And here is the final product.... Green Tea Sweet Bean Ice Cream!
Since then, I've also made homemade sweet bean ice cream, without the green tea. I did discover that heavy whipping cream works better than table cream. The ice cream was a real hit with everyone, especially the sweet bean one!
Besides ice cream, Penny and I also worked on making cute cupcakes. I got the idea from looking at a picture of some cute minion cupcakes on facebook. I found out that Penny's friend loves minions and it was her birthday. So, we decided to surprise her with her own minion cupcakes. Here is what we came up with....
And this afternoon, I finally completed a little sewing project that has literally taken me weeks to complete. I inherited my great aunt's sewing machine from her estate after she went to heaven.
I was fortunate to have found free material, because of my custodial job. I noticed that the preschool was throwing out their old curtains, which were really in good shape. So, I just took them home and washed them so I could give sewing a shot and not worry about wasting any material, if my project flopped. But, amazingly enough, it actually turned out okay. Here's what I came up with...
Well, here's hoping that your fall days are also filled with fun and creativity, too! Try something new that you haven't done before (or for years) and let me know how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment