So, Penny and I made a big breakfast of eggs, rice, toast, guacamole and hashbrown patties.
Jenny decided to join us for breakfast, since Jay was sleeping in.
After breakfast Penny was fading fast while Jay was just starting to stir. So, I convinced her to go take a nap while Jay ate his breakfast and we took our showers, and I did a few more last minute preparations to get ready for our festivities.
Finally, when everyone was ready and the nap was over, we got together in the living room to listen to the personalized story book of "The Night Before Christmas" from Hallmark that Jay made for Penny last Christmas.
Then we opened up gifts.
It was a very fun time. A big highlight was how thrilled Jenny was to get her toy skunk, whose tummy holds catnip. She was trying to play with it before I could even remove it from its packaging!


I think one of Penny's favorite gifts were all of the different flavors of Thai lays that I ordered for her from Thailand. In true adolescent fashion, she inhaled them within days.
In the afternoon on Christmas day, we drove up to Ft. Collins to see Jay's mother. She didn't want to cook, so we ate out at Country Buffet. I feel awful that I never took any pictures of Mother! But, that's what I often do. I get too busy talking with people and forget to take pictures of them! I did take one picture of Penny when she opened a fun gift from Grandma.
I also took pictures of Grandma's pretty decorating at her house for Christmas.
After spending some relaxing time at Grandma's home, we drove around Ft. Collins in the snow and looked at lights. It was definitely a white Christmas!
Also, I forgot to mention, that before Christmas, we really enjoyed hearing Jay sing in the Cherry Creek Chorale Christmas concert. My favorite part was when the singers surrounded us in the audience and gave us true surround sound with a beautiful song, "Sure on this Shining Night".
We hope that you, too, were surrounded by God's amazing true love on that shining night! And not just on Christmas night, but on each and every night of the year, as you realize that He came down for you and me, because He wanted to save us all!




























No comments:
Post a Comment