A unique gift he got from Mother was a brick. "Why would he get a brick?" you may ask.
Well, it's not like getting a lump of coal for Christmas. You'll notice, if you look closely, that it says, "Poudre Valley Hospital" on the brick. That is the hospital where Jay was born. They recently have been tearing down the old part of the hospital, where Jay was born, to make way for expanding and adding on more to the hospital. So, by giving a generous donation to the hospital, Jay's mother was able to get a brick from the old hospital to pass on to Jay to remember the special place where he came into the world.
I told Jay's mother that we really needed a picture of her holding the brick in memory of her, because she was the one who did all of the hard work of delivering him way back when.
The next day Jay's co-workers gave him a little party and decorated his office cubicle.
I won't tell you how many years ago that was. But, you can guess his age by the clue of his birthday cake. I baked and decorated it myself.
Well, if you know when the Peanuts Gang Christmas movie came out, then you can guess Jay's age. Because they both were born in the same year. So, I decided to celebrate these classic events together. We had the cake at a gathering at our house on the weekend. I had invited our Japanese friends over to have our Japanese bible study fellowship/potluck
and included a little birthday celebration, as well.
It's been a fun time to celebrate during the bleak Mid-Winter time. So glad that God has blessed Jay with another year of life to rejoice and celebrate.









No comments:
Post a Comment