


As far as desk organization goes, I like the draw organizers I bought, as they keep everything tidy and in their place. In fact, I feel like I have so much space in my drawers that some of the desk organizers are actually part empty. It's a good feeling to open my drawers and be able to find everything.


Marie Kondo always asks her clients to think about what helps to spark joy in their lives. So, I asked myself, "What sparks joy in my office?"
Having cute pictures of kids around the world, maps, posters and calendars to remind me to pray for my brothers and sisters in my global family in Christ and listening to relaxing, classical music on Pandora with headphones so that I can concentrate on my work.


Yes, it's very important for me, as an introvert, to be able to create a quiet and relaxing environment to work in. Otherwise, I won't be able to work to the best of my ability. But, that's not always possible, when your work space is a cubicle right in the middle of the office. So, I'm close to the front desk with guests walking in and the phone ringing a lot. Right behind me is the copy room where a lot of activity goes on. And there are other cubicles all around me with people doing their work in a rather "lively" fashion, at times. Therefore, in order to keep my sanity as an introvert, it is essential that I must do what I can to drown out the noise. I learned this trick when I went to college in downtown Chicago. It's not that we introverts don't like people, it's just that without quiet we are drained and cannot concentrate to do our work well.
I do, in fact, like people. But, I like to talk with them one-on-one best. And I like to have deep conversations with people about meaningful topics. I also enjoy remembering to pray for my friends who are serving our Father around the world. Thus, I have photos all around my office of the people whom I'm praying for and whom I'm linking up with our church small groups, asking them to remember to pray for them and get to know them in a personal way. This truly does spark joy for me to see their smiling faces surrounding me!

Here's my computer with the pandora classical music station on with my headphones and my favorite book, besides the Bible, which reminds me to pray for others.

Praying for you, too, my friends and hoping that your life is filled with the true joy and peace that passes understanding!
No comments:
Post a Comment