Saturday, July 13, 2019

One Thing Leads to Another

As I mentioned in my last blog, we've been doing several projects around the house, lately.  We had some trees trimmed and cut down.  We got new windows.  And now we got our carpets upstairs stretched and cleaned.  We knew it was time, when I was literally sometimes tripping on our bedroom carpet in the middle of the night, because of the buckling that was sticking out so badly.  In order to get our carpets done, we had to move things into either our sunporch or our basement.  It was quite a lot of work, so we decided to do it during the 4th of July break, since that's when Penny and I (Chandra) had more time off.  Below are the pictures of this undertaking.




Because of all of this moving of things, I got motivated to tackle my next Konmari project, as well.  As you may know, the Konmari method is a method for decluttering and organizing.  I was inspired to go through my old cassette tapes.  I can no longer listen to them in my new car, because it has a CD player, rather than a cassette player.  So, I will not likely use them again, or only rarely.  So, I decided to go through each one and try to find it on my Pandora app on my phone. 

In the end, I was able to reduce from four plastic bins, down to just one of the rare albums like foreign albums and ones that they don't have on Pandora.

Because of my empty bins and my empty furniture, I was now inspired to go through Jay's train movies and organize them alphabetically and according to type.  Then I put them back in this storage unit in our living room.


Here is the result of my reorganization........



I also decided that it was time to finally sew the edges of a cloth that I use on that storage unit that had unfinished edges.  After all, I now have a sewing machine ever since our anniversary last  year when Jay gave me one for an anniversary gift.




And here is what it looks like, now...


No comments: