It's hard to believe that we are already 5 months into the year 2021! Where has the time gone? I used to blog at least once per month. But, for some reason I find it harder and harder to keep up with the blogging these days. Let me try to bring you up to speed on what the Regans have been doing so far this year. I think in this blog I'd like to focus on what I have been learning so far in this new year of 2021. The first thing that I learned was to go ahead and set goals for the new year, even though it seems like everything has been topsy turvy in our nation and in our world since 2020. So, I focused on realistic goals that I have more control over. Those start in our home. It is my goal to take good care of myself and my family by focusing on healthy, homemade food...


and routines to keep our home tidy and beautiful. You can do these even on a budget! The second thing that I'm learning is the importance of reading God's Word on a daily basis and praying more for my neighbors, our nation and the world.
The third thing that I want to always remember is to be thankful and to stay positive, even though there is so much negativity around us.
Lastly, I want to stay informed as I can about things in the world around us. I have found that there are many sources of misinformation and lies readily available. After all, Satan is the father of lies. So, he is happy to hide the truth from humankind. However, if one searches hard enough, you can find out more truth. And God's Word is the best source, because Jesus, himself, claimed to be the Way, the Truth and the Life.

As one stays in His Word and you stay abreast at the happenings in the world, God can guide you in how to pray for others. At this time last year, we thought that there was a deadly killer that we should fear. However, now we know that this virus has a much higher survival rate than we knew. I am learning to truly fear no evil. For, none of us knows when God wants to call us home to be with Him. All we need to do is to confess our sins and trust in Him, since He is our way to salvation. I guess now that I am in the middle of my life and am starting to lose friends and loved ones more, even some close to my age, it makes me more reflective and more thankful. It makes me more thankful for each birthday that I get to celebrate!

I want to always praise God for each minute, hour, day, year that He gives me on this earth. I want to use my time to show how much I love Him, by showing love for everyone that He places around me. None of us know the future, but we have this moment to shine His light!
No comments:
Post a Comment