Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Get Ready to Ramble!"

I just hope that we can keep up this spirited cheer even after nights turned into days and endless days of wailing. But, yes, we, too, have succumbed to the enticing, but crazy, desire to adopt an adorable little daughter from China. Kind of strange for me, as I speak Japanese as my second language, instead of Chinese. But, ever since high school I've told myself that someday I would adopt from China. Now I've somehow talked my beloved husband into this hilarious adventure of sleepless nights and unimaginable joy. I have warned him, as I am the one working at a preschool, that children are very noisy and messy. But, he, too, has been duped into believing that it will all be worth the craziness involved. I can only dream of what silliness will invade the Regan household with the addition of a little, messy bundle of joy. Kids are SO incredibly funny! Take the comment of one of our little 4 yr. olds in Pre-K. And I quote, "My grandmother is very old. And her skin is big and sloppy." This is the same boy who announced to me at lunch today, "I'm falling in love with you, Ms. Chandra."

We will keep you posted with all of our silly notions of adopting our little bundle of joy, which will cost at least double or triple of what Ms. Chandra's car did. We must believe in a hilarious God to trust that this will come about. It is sure great knowing that, Yes!, He does have a sense of humor and INDEED!, He does own the cattle on a thousand hills. So, we'll see how He's planning on rounding up about 20.000 of those cattle, uh, I mean U.S. dollars, to make this Regan family expand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

here is a website for udon thani info, has an excellent forum. the orphanage is about 8 kms south of udon. www.udonmap.com

google my name laphanphon and you should get that site, i post often, and my homepage on geocities w/email and pics. anything i can help you with if you decide to head back this way, don't be shy and ask.