The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Mere coincidence?
Have you ever been to Udon Thani? Where in the world is Udon Thani? It's a town in the far northern part of Thailand. I (Chandra) spent a little less than a week there in October 1999. Tonight we received a packet of info from WACAP (adoption agency) about the two girls we were interested in. You can imagine my utter amazement when I looked at the address of the orphanage where the girl from Thailand lives. It said "Udon Thani". Of all the many, many towns and villages in all of Thailand, what are the odds that this girl would come from the very place where I stayed? When I was strolling the streets of Udon Thani I could have walked right by the home for girls where she lived. She would have been four years old at the time. I just can't get over this strange and silly feeling of giddiness that has overcome me. So far, no other family is pursuing this girl. She is a Promise Child. That means all the adoption agency fees would be waived. It would cost half the amount of other international adoptions. And we would probably qualify for an interest free loan through WACAP. The other cool thing about all of this is that Udon Thani is so close to Laos that their culture and language is almost the same. And did you know that my best friend from high school was from Laos? Another amazing things is that her interests include music (singing), dance and art. Sounds like she just might be a good match, eh?! I know that the packet of info says not to get too emotionally involved. But, man this seems like a God thing. Now we need to figure out how to get our home study done. Pray for us, please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Chanie & Jay! I'm so excited for you. This gives me goose bumps, I didn't read your post last night but during the night I couldn't sleep so I was laying there praying for the 2 of you in your adoption attempts and looky here. God is good all the time!
You're going to get me to Colorado for a visit after all huh? I'll be praying that very soon you have a daughter and I have a new cuzzy wuzzy!
Lots of love and prayers,
Pat
How exciting for you, and how lovely. It sounds like everything will work out. I miss you both bunches, and I'll be home soon. I'm sorry that I haven't been in touch much, but you're in my thoughts (and maybe we could get together over break? I'll be home the 20th...)
Love
Leah (:
Post a Comment