Wednesday, December 20, 2006

More strange "coincidences"

I think that God must really have a very great sense of humor. Here we were all worried about finances. Now we find a Promise child, for whom the agency fees are waived. And our rep at WACAP just told me to go ahead and apply for an interest free loan through their organization (for the other expenses) because they have money available.

And then I get an unexpected e-mail from Jay's distant cousin (whom we met at Thanksgiving time) telling us that she will be helping with our initial interview at the Denver adoption agency that will be doing our home study. We knew that Becky worked for an adoption agency. But, we had no idea that the agency was Adoption Alliance. They will be doing all of our Colorado required "stuff". So, it's exciting to know that one of Jay's relatives will now be with us on this exciting adoption journey. She has two siblings who were adopted as older kids from Korea.

The contact person at WACAP told me that they are very excited to hear that we want to pursue this older girl. This sweet girl has been waiting her whole life for parents, as she was abandoned at birth. Her father never came forward and the mother left her at the hospital. I'm not allowed to show you her picture, due to confidentiality. But, I can say that she has a beautiful, infectious smile.

No comments: