Those were the words of the secretary at Linton Elementary this morning when she called me at school. I was so excited to hear that the school that I liked best was the first to contact us and tell us that they would save a space for Penny no matter how long it takes for her to come home. They said even if it takes 12 or 18 months they'll continue to save a space for her. They are being so understanding of our unique situation of having no concrete time line to work with. On the other hand, I've been a little discouraged that so far it doesn't seem like many people are jumping on the bandwagon to contribute recipes for an international cookbook that we were thinking of publishing as a fundraiser. Perhaps it's because I gave a deadline of May 1st. I'm still hopeful that eventually people may join the cookbook campaign. Looking forward to all of those delicious recipes! Let us know if you have any you'd like to share.
As far as the latest adoption news, we're still waiting for those background checks to clear. We completed the parent resource plan forms and sent them off to our agency in Seattle. And we signed up for the first of three international adoption classes we need to take in Denver. That class will take place the evening of Wed., Mar. 14th. I'm hoping to go out to a Thai restaurant for my upcoming birthday. It may be the last birthday before I become a mother! I've been checking the weather conditions in Udon Thani and the highs have been between 90 and 100 there every day. The poor girl is in for a big shock in coming to Colorado. I pray that she'll be able to acclimate rather quickly. At the same time, I believe that she'll have a better hope for a future here. I've been reading more and more stories from World Vision about the grave situation in Penny's part of the world. So many girls there are being lured into sex trafficking, never to be heard from again. We hope that Penny will feel safe and loved in our family, if she is the child God has planned for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment