Monday, February 05, 2007

Those cruddy old colds!

Well, here is a quick note from Jay at Liberty Common School trying to make it through the day with a cold and sore throat. The various stressors of my day seem to pile up and eventually bring another illness. I had been doing pretty well this year until this past weekend. As Chandra said in the last entry, I caught a cold this past weekend during our training. Unfortunately, it became worse on Sunday and instead of passing on any germs to the Cefkins, we decided to postpone our meeting to another date. Today I feel even worse! I just finished a long day, including my first extra rehearsal of the year for our musical, Aladdin Jr. We had our rehearsal after school today for 90 minutes. I've tried to get a sub for tomorrow, as my throat is quite sore. However, as is often the case for music teachers, I can't find a sub. I've called all sorts of people and nobody is available. Sooooooo, I'll just come to work on Tuesday, grin and bear it, and hopefully not lose my voice.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and support for our adoption endeavors. It's hard to believe that things are moving forward already, and perhaps quicker than we expected. I can't believe that I could perhaps be a father by this time next year!!

Jay

No comments: