Friday, June 29, 2007

Now for the Long Hike!

Hi folks! I think from here on out our blog may get a little boring. That's because we're coming to the long waiting period. Our dossier is almost ready to be sent off to Thailand. This past week it's been passed around different government offices in Washington, D.C. In about 1-2 more weeks it should arrive back in Seattle at the WACAP office. From there, they should be sending it off to Thailand. And then we are being told that it'll probably take between 4-10 months before we hear back from Thailand. Once they send us the invitation to travel we need to choose one of the two interview dates offered and plan on travelling to Bangkok about another 1-3 months later. So, we're guessing that the earliest we'd be able to go pick up Penny might be about January.

Well, Jay and I have had a little experience in hiking. On our anniversary we actually did a 7 mile round-trip hike to a beautiful lake in Rocky Mountain National Park, called Loch Vale. It was hard and tiring. Sometimes I wished we could just fast forward to the destination. However, then we wouldn't have been able to see all of the beauty along the way. I'm sure that God will continue to bless us by showing us His love through so many beautiful people around us as they cheer us on on this long hike called, WAITING. I think it's going to be especially hard on Mom, because she is so anxious to become a Grandma, again. I'll leave you with some pictures from our recent hike. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful state. I just wish we didn't have so many hot days. Perhaps, it's meant to help us feel the heat like our daughter does every day. However, Thailand's is a tropical heat and here it's like the hot, dry gust of wind that rushes out of the oven when you open the oven door.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hi guys! Chandra thanks for directing me to your blog. I've jumped around a bit to get an idea of what's going on - can I ask why it's taking so long to get your dossier completed? Was there complications? You can email me privatley if you want to fill me in your process so far :) I look forward to reading more.