Saturday, September 29, 2007

What to Do While We Wait


What's an expectant parent to do especially when one has no idea when our "due date" is? Well, I'm having that nesting instinct and trying to clean and organize and start to get Penny's room ready. My husband thinks I'm silly to be doing all of this now when she may not be here for at least four more months. But, I need something to do with all of this nervous energy. And as I see her room become more hers it helps me to start to visualize a live body actually living there. It's still hard to imagine that a real, live breathing human individual will come inhabit this room and actually be my daughter forever. Today I was excited to get the picture I drew of Penny framed. I had to hang it over her bed as soon as I got home, of course. And another exciting discovery was that Hobby Lobby actually had one set of adoption stickers for scrapbooking. Yeah! Someone actually thought of us "strange" adoptive families. The baby stickers just don't do it. Well, here are a few pictures of Penny's room. By-the-way, that white and blue cloth hanging in front of the bookshelf is one that was actually given to me by the Isaan believers in Udon Thani when I visited back in 1999. I thought it would be cool to display something from Penny's own people. And I made sure to put a world map up so that we could continue to remember her birth land.

No comments: