This weekend I've been having fun putting together a little package for our sweetheart across the ocean. Some people from our adoption agency are traveling to Thailand on March 22nd. So, we have the opportunity to mail a package for Penny to the agency in Seattle. Then they'll take it with them to have it delivered. This time they won't be traveling to Udon Thani because there are no new children available for adoption there. The requirements for the package is that all items fit inside a gallon size baggy. So, I got some cute little things from the dollar store like lotion, a purse, stickers, notecards, a bracelet, etc. See picture below.
Yesterday we also had fun celebrating my birthday a day early. We met up with a family that I got to know through my school. I used to teach their daughter, Micah. I have to admit that Micah was one of my favorite kids. She grew rather attached to me, as well. She and her sister, McKenna are real angels. I can't wait to have Penny meet them. I think they'd make great playmates with our daughter. And perhaps they can help her learn English. Something that seemed very serendipitous was that the mug that they gave me for my birthday says, "Made in Thailand" on the bottom. Ah, again my heart turns towards our princess over the ocean. I sure hope we hear something soon about our daughter. The best news I've heard so far I got on Friday. Our adoption coordinator said she's expecting to receive some more referrals in about 2-3 weeks. She said she can't guarantee it but there's a chance ours may be one of them. I pray that it is! The pictures below are of our friends, Daron and Becky (Mom & Dad) with their daughter, McKenna. And the other is of Jay and me with their daughter, Micah. Yes, I did get a hair cut, a little shorter than I had planned...but, hey, I need to get ready for the heat and humidity of Thailand, right?!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! Praying you have your referral for Penny soon. The little gifts you are sending are great.
Julie
Post a Comment