The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Life is Full of Surprises!
How true that life is full of surprises...some good, some bad. We've been feeling that strongly since we moved into our new home. We've been very busy and excited to make our new place look like our own. We've also battled illness and fatigue from our jobs. This is the busy season of prepping for Spring concerts for Jay. I've been painting and cleaning a lot, thus the lack of recent blogs. We had a joyous and sorrowful Easter. On the Saturday before Easter I enjoyed being a part of our Japanese resurrection celebration in the morning. And in the evening we attended Timberline Church. But that night we received the shocking news that my cousin who is my age and I grew up with suddenly passed away while in surgery. On Easter day I managed to hold my emotions at bay as we enjoyed worshipping at Redeemer Lutheran Church and invited my friends, the Kameyama's over for a meal and Easter egg hunt. But, by Monday at naptime I started to let the tears flow. So, I'll be attending the visitation and funeral services on Wed. and Thurs. I'll fly out tomorrow and back on Thursday. It'll be a whirlwind trip. Please pray for the family members of my cousin, Pam. She leaves behind her twin sister, Pat, an elder sister and parents, her husband and two sons and many extended family members. We are all in shock. She and Pat were the closest thing I had to sisters. We were in school together in the same class through 4th grade. I'm so thankful I saw her briefly last summer in Omaha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear your sad news. Take care. You will be in our prayers.
Julie
Post a Comment