Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pics of Our Updates in Our New House

Jay Installing a New Pot Rack

Our First Snow at our New House

Jay, Ikuya, Shoichi and Tomoko at Easter

Our Easter Spread

We bought our first home on Feb. 23rd. It is a 32 year old home. It's a great, solid-built home. But, the previous owners were not too concerned about detail work and cleaning. So, there's a lot for us to do to make it feel like home to us. We've been doing lots of cleaning and painting. Today Jay did a lot of yard work and installed a new outdoor light fixture by the deck. I cleaned in the office so that we can actually see carpet in there. I also cleaned out some crawl space below the stairs. It is now free of spider webs with a carpet remnant laid down. I even sprayed to keep future 8-legged friends out. I'll include some photos of the bathroom that we finished. The before picture shows how bland it looked. And let me tell you, the old light fixture was nasty. Cobwebs and rust...Yuck! Jay was pretty proud of himself for installing a new light fixture. I painted it with a color called "Violet Essence". I need to finish our other half bath next. Sorry I don't know how to rotate the photos.
Bathroom Before Picture
Bathroom After Picture

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow you are both working so hard. Love the photos especially the one with the snow. We are just coming to autumn now and it is getting cold her, but no snow on the mountains yet.