Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Waiting for a Child to Come Home

God,
I suppose you know what it feels like to dream and dream of the day when your child will come home. Although you cannot see them and touch them in person, you love them. You must long for the day when you can embrace your kids and tell them, "I love you." You hope they know how it is breaking your heart to wait so long. You are the creative, Creator God. So, you have emotions, too. After all, your children are made in your image. So, I can imagine that you feel pain in the long period of waiting. You know I'm trying to get my house prepared for my daughter. You're preparing a place for us, too, aren't you? Well, our home will be quite humble and imperfect compared to the place you are preparing for me. But, I feel such a privilege to know that I get to share in this wonderful thing called adoption. Thanks for adopting me into your family. I pray that Penny will love knowing that we have chosen her to be a part of our family. I pray that she will know that she is loved, unconditionally. Please help our love to grow more and more like yours. You gave up everything to make the way for me to be your child. I guess our sacrifices are quite small to what you gave up. Thanks for giving up your only Son so that I could be yours. Thanks for this time of reflection. I look forward to seeing my daughter. May she come soon! And I really look forward to when we can all see your face!

Love, Your adopted daughter,
Chandra

2 comments:

Gen said...

Hi Chandra,

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! I know you have visited before but I never got a link to your blog. I am so thrilled to have found you and see you on this roller coaster ride that you are about to embark on :)

We also used WACAP and have been used as a reference for another family that we are very close to now. They also adopted an older child as their first child.

Feel free to email me anytime.

Many, many congratulations,
Gen

Emily said...

Beautiful post. I love your blog and have enjoyed sharing your journey.

love,
Emily

http://thepaben5.blogspot.com/