Today I've had the nesting instinct taking over. I'm really determined to get this house ready for our daughter. Even though we moved into this house in February there were still some unpacked boxes and rooms left to be painted. Today I decided to tackle the boxes. I did a lot of reorganizing and cleaning up. I also finally hung up pictures in my art room. There's still some organizing to do, but it's getting a lot better. I also bought bulbs so that Penny will be able to enjoy tulips and daffodils popping up in the Spring. I plan to plant those next weekend. Jay had a man come and aerate our lawn and went outside and sawed off some dead branches off of our ash tree in the front yard. I also wrote a letter to tell our daughter that we've officially been invited to adopt her and how much we love her. I put her new pictures that arrived with the referral packet in a frame in the living room. We're readying documents and a photo album to send in to WACAP. The photo album will be sent on to Penny to help prepare her for our arrival. A while back I sadly bought school supplies for my daughter who had not arrived in time for the start of school. But, now I had fun pulling these things out and looking at them, again, trying to envision the backpack really being on Penny's back. I've included photos of the school supplies and our photo album we're sending her. I also included a photo of two necklaces that are sitting out on Penny's dresser. They were both given to me by my grandmothers. One of them has little tooth marks on it from me having chewed on it when I was a three-year-old. I hope these little momentos will help her feel connected to our family history.
The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Getting Ready for Penny
Today I've had the nesting instinct taking over. I'm really determined to get this house ready for our daughter. Even though we moved into this house in February there were still some unpacked boxes and rooms left to be painted. Today I decided to tackle the boxes. I did a lot of reorganizing and cleaning up. I also finally hung up pictures in my art room. There's still some organizing to do, but it's getting a lot better. I also bought bulbs so that Penny will be able to enjoy tulips and daffodils popping up in the Spring. I plan to plant those next weekend. Jay had a man come and aerate our lawn and went outside and sawed off some dead branches off of our ash tree in the front yard. I also wrote a letter to tell our daughter that we've officially been invited to adopt her and how much we love her. I put her new pictures that arrived with the referral packet in a frame in the living room. We're readying documents and a photo album to send in to WACAP. The photo album will be sent on to Penny to help prepare her for our arrival. A while back I sadly bought school supplies for my daughter who had not arrived in time for the start of school. But, now I had fun pulling these things out and looking at them, again, trying to envision the backpack really being on Penny's back. I've included photos of the school supplies and our photo album we're sending her. I also included a photo of two necklaces that are sitting out on Penny's dresser. They were both given to me by my grandmothers. One of them has little tooth marks on it from me having chewed on it when I was a three-year-old. I hope these little momentos will help her feel connected to our family history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it fun to be packing and preparing for Penny's arrival. I'm so excited for you. I love the pink backpack and know she will too. I also enjoyed the necklaces and think it is so sweet for her to have those. They will mean so much to her. I look forward to talking more via e-mail about all you received in your packet. I was excited to hear that you received additional pictures. What a pleasant surprise. You will cherish those photos and she will enjoy having them in her photo book. We sent a photo book of pictures taken to our daughter during our wait in Russia. She still pulls out her photo book and looks through it. Your daughter will connect with the photos you send. Make sure to send photos of your house, her bedroom, and any other items you can think will be important. I think it helped our little ones transition by seeing her house and our pictures during her wait.
God bless you as you make your final preparations to bring Penny home!!
Hello you two, I hadnt popped by the blog in a while, and I am so very very very very thrilled for you to see you received 'the call'.
Love Gem x
Post a Comment