Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Hoops to Jump Through



Well, we've jumped through one more hoop getting us closer to picking up our daughter. We signed all kinds of legal documents and sent them in to WACAP. It reminded us of all the paperwork we had to sign in order to buy our house. We mailed these along with a photo album for Penny to them by UPS. Today the Thai adoption board (DSDW) was meeting. So, we were hoping that they would review our acceptance letter and give us the final approval to adopt Penny and a travel date soon afterwards. But, as it turned out our adoption coordinator heard that the social worker who is to present our case is out on vacation until the end of the month. So, most likely ours will be presented at the next board meeting on October 8th. We're still hoping that we might get a court date in November or early December. I'm sure our bosses would like to know the dates soon. On Sunday I bought one more thing for Penny. I got her a winter coat. It was in really good condition, although I bought it at a second-hand shop. I hope my daughter won't mind that I buy almost all of our clothes at Savers. I can't believe the bargains I get for some really nice stuff there. Jay even got some very nice dress slacks there for work that cost around under $6 a piece. And today I heard about a group for foster and adoptive parents in northern Colorado that helps out with food discounts and has a clothing bank where families can share their donated clothes. Sounds encouraging as many of you adoptive parents probably know how tight money can be when you have to pay so many fees to bring your child home. But, it will all be worth it. We're just trusting God to provide. Above are pics of our package we just sent off, the winter coat and Penny's dresser which someone gave us and I repainted and put new knobs on.

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Great news. It is nice to have your acceptance letters signed and forwarded to Thailand. Sorry that your social worker will not be able to present your documents until October. I know how much you'd like to receive your board hearing date.

I really liked the coat and dresser. It looks like you are ready for her arrival!!

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

praying for early travels - Nov & Dec are great time of the year to be in Thailand!!!!

Julie said...

Hope you do get your dates for late November/ early December. It will be so nice for you all to be home for your first family Christmas.
Julie

PinkDevora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.