Thursday, November 27, 2008

Feeling Very Blessed











Last night we went to church and were very moved as God's Holy Spirit encouraged us, spoke to us and reminded us of how very blessed we are. The scripture that really made us both choke up was Phil. 4:6 and 7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Besides all the wonderful ways in which He spoke to our hearts through the songs and the message, we were also overwhelmed by the love of one family who gave us beautiful clothes which had been their daughter's. Now I actually have clothes to put in Penny's closet and suitcase. I also got a phone call from my cousin. She has been putting together scrapbooks for Penny and buying her clothes. I just don't have the words to say about all of the generous kindness of so many friends and family members. We have such happy memories from the wonderful party we had on Sunday. Several friends came to help us celebrate. They came to bring gifts and help decorate our humble Christmas tree. One co-worker, who is a dear sister-in-Christ, not only generously gave us a card and monetary gift, but she had her friend make us a beautiful hanging quilt of Mt. Fuji, which I hung in Penny's room over her bed. We feel very blessed, indeed. Praying that we'll be able to pass those blessings on to Penny soon.

3 comments:

Maci Miller said...

Congratulations on your WONDERFUL news!! My husband and I have been following your blog and praying you would get Penny soon! So exciting! May I have your mailing address? I would like to send you something. Our blog is http://jenandjeffsbabyblog.blogspot.com and my email is macimiller@comcast.net

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travel!
Jen

Glen and Andrea said...

It sounds like this is a very special, wonderful and wonderfully blessed time in your life. God really showed himself to us in our journey to Hugo too. Can't wait for you to meet Penny and bring her home.

Ellie said...

Looks like everything is coming together wonderfully! I will be praying for your trip. I will pray for the details of travel to work out seamlessly. I will pray for your precious Penny to open her heart to her new parents. I will pray that you have a peaceful trip, and able to enjoy your time in Thailand. So happy for you!
ellie