Well, I finally finished painting Penny's bedroom. I'll post pictures after we get the new blinds hung. I think I'll wait on curtains. After all, she might like to help pick them out.
We got an e-mail from WACAP saying that the social worker in charge of our case in Bangkok did receive our updated info that the DSDW were requesting. She's planning to present it at their meeting on November 5th. That means that we'll most likely receive our travel dates the week of November 9th.
Another blogger friend brought up the question of whether or not we would need to apply for an extended tourist visa if the processing time for the I-600 has been slowed down. Good question! I'm going to try to research that one and figure it out.
Meanwhile, the other thing I did this morning, while sitting at the computer, was to start a "baby" registry on Amazon.com I always feel kind of silly making a list of things I want, just like for our wedding. But, some people ask and genuinely want a list. So, I did it just in case.
Meanwhile, I got this idea that maybe I should combine the idea of a shower with a little early Christmas decorating party. I'm thinking of inviting friends to an open house during which they can help us decorate our Christmas tree. I just managed to get a practically new tree for free through free cycle dot com. We could have some goodies with Christmas music playing and if they want to bring a gift they could leave it under the tree.
It's kind of hard to balance the fun stuff with all of the legal stuff, besides work and just daily living. Today the goal is to rake leaves in our huge yard surrounded by tons of 30 yr. old cottonwood trees. I'm feeling the stresses of impending parenthood without the physical symptoms. The only physical symptoms I'm having are those of a body of a parent to a teen as I'm getting older and creakier. Almost 40 now! Well, I'm so thankful I'm not adopting an infant or toddler. My joints ache just thinking about it.
1 comment:
I hope everything goes well!
Post a Comment