The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
What Goes Up Must Come Down
Ah, I hate these darned emotions that waver like a roller coaster ride. Yesterday was such an up day. This morning the gloomies hit both Jay and I and we both started crying. Penny had a few tears escape when she realized that we were crying. But, after that she was the strong one. And she was so precious...At the breakfast table, while she was freezing cold from the air conditioning she noticed that Daddy was sweating profusely and she got up to take a napkin and wipe his face for him. She is definitely our little ray of sunshine in this cloudy storm. We have actually started using some of her savings money that we were entrusted with from the orphanage with the plan to give it back to her later in the States. We just had no idea we would be stuck here so long. The place we are staying at is okay, but not in the best condition. But, we're thankful for a roof over our heads. Just don't think we'll be able to eat eggs again for breakfast for a long time (as that's our only option everyday here). Still no news. We heard back from the Senator's office who is looking into our case that the USCIS says they are still verifying documents and probably will finish at the earliest by next week (when our visas are set to expire). Wow! What a test! Hope Jay won't need to spend his birthday next week in Cambodia. But we'll do whatever it takes to bring this treasure home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sorry to hear your journey home is turning out to be very hard, I can not begin to imagine what you are all going through. Gem x ps I thought I would post a little comment to say that maybe if you are delayed beyond your visas a little tiny tiny ray of sunshine in all of this stress could be the trip to Cambodia, as when we were there in October I completly fell in love with it. (and its very cheap)
Post a Comment