Penny just seems to be growing closer and closer to us as her parents. We're so blessed and thankful that she is bonding to us in such a healthy way. Attachment is not easy, but we're so thankful that it is happening. One bonding experience was the fact that both Penny and then Mom caught a boil. Let me tell you, I felt her pain! And she could tell me all about how she and the girls at the orphanage dealt with the many boils that the kids often got there. It makes me sad to think that one girl there had boils all over her body. The pain must be excruciating since I only had one and could barely walk.
Now Penny has gotten one of her two fillings that she needs for her cavities. She's also gotten new glasses. But, she doesn't want to wear them too much since the boy that she has a crush on told her that she looks different with her glasses. : ) Yes, our teenage girl already has a puppy love crush going on. All you have to do is say his name and she's all giggles. She'd like to make you think she's shy about the whole matter. But, in fact when both Jay and I went to pick her up from school yesterday she HAD to point out to us who he was. Oh my! Our "little" girl is already growing up.
Speaking of growing...she's already grown three inches since we got her in December. She used to come up to my chin, but now she comes up to my nose. We measured her yesterday when our social worker was here for our second post placement visit. She's looking healthier and stronger, too. She definitely has a teenage appetite. But, still is often finicky about what we put in front of her. But, overall, that's getting better, too.
Our other great piece of news is that we finally got our finalization court date set for June 23rd in Denver!!! Finally she will become a Regan. She's trying to understand how and why this all works. She doesn't quite understand why our social worker has to come here. Yesterday she was complaining about her coming as she said, "She talks too much." Penny would have rather spent more time outside, riding her bike. But, I think she is definitely looking forward to June 23rd. I try to explain to her that these are the steps that the Thai government say we need to take in order to finish the adoption. I think she's feeling frustrated with all of the waiting that has been forced upon us by governments. Can you blame her? But, we're thankful that the final lap is just around the corner and our daughter is healthy and becoming more and more a part of our family every day. We are blessed beyond measure!
4 comments:
That is great news that Penny is so happy in her new home.
I can't wait until you are finalized so you can post pictures. 8-)
Congratulations on your court date! I am amazed that she's grown three inches since December!! Sounds like she's growing leaps and bounds in all areas!
Glad things are going well.
Julie
So glad to read your post. Sounds like things are coming right along. I too can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment