Thursday, June 18, 2009

Can't Believe that's she's almost officially a Regan!

We're so excited that our daughter will officially become a part of our family and an American citizen next week. We are very fortunate that the process has been really smooth for us thanks to our wonderful Colorado adoption agency, Adoption Alliance. They did our homestudy for us and have taken care of all of the paper work for finalizing in the state court, located in Denver. So, next Tuesday, the 23rd we'll get to go to court to make it official. And then we'll be allowed to start showing photos of our daughter. I have to say that she is quite the beauty. And that's not bragging, since she doesn't have my genes. She's beautiful on the inside, too. Yesterday she came up to Jay with a $5 bill and said, "Daddy, this is for you." Later she told me, "Daddy is always driving me everywhere and he has to pay a lot of money for gas. So, I want to share my $5 with him." This girl has a very generous heart! How is it that we are so blessed? After all, she tells stories of girls at the orphanage who would always steal from others. And, yet, our daughter has a heart of gold. We are truly blessed!

8 comments:

UB said...

Congrats and very best wishes!

babysandner0809 said...

WOW! Penny, that is so nice of you to give your Dad a $5. You are so generous and loving! I can't wait to see a picture of you.

Megan said...

She sounds wonderful Chandra! I can't wait to see pics of her! We are going to get Skype added this weekend so hopefully we can get the kids together to talk!

Rhonda said...

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless you!

excitedtobeafamily said...

What a sweetie! I can't wait to see your complete family picture!

Bliss said...

Congrats to you. Thanks for visiting my blog. We've been home with Mahlet for 2 months and will re-adopt her this summer. Her best friend (from Ethiopia) lives in Denver so maybe when we visit we can get together.
Blessings,
Bliss

hirallysantiago@gmail.com said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pics of her and I am sure sure she is a beauty...she is Thai!! :) That is what I say since I can't take credit for my little ones beauty either!!! LOL!!!

Jessica said...

Can't wait to see her picture!