We in the Regan clan have been doing fine. We've enjoyed Easter and other everyday experiences, such as Spring breaks (Daddy and Penny had different weeks) and projects for school. Through it all, we are all growing closer to each other and our Resurrected Lord. Penny enjoyed an Easter egg hunt with our neighbors' children. Their oldest is a daughter adopted from Russia. Speaking of Russia, very sad to hear that WACAP's license has temporarily been suspended by Russia after a single mom from Tennessee returned her 8 year old son with a one-way ticket to Russia. I know that some children do have major issues, but is it really necessary to blame WACAP for this woman's desperate decision?
Here in Colorado our weather is warming up, the birds are singing and my husband is wondering what the future will hold. He only has a few weeks left at his teaching job. From there he'll be looking for other options. This new teaching job with it's long commute turned out to be too much for him. He's seeking the Lord's wisdom and direction for the path ahead. We'd appreciate any prayers offered up in this regard.
Today Jay and I will plan on taking a little hike in the foothills next to Fort Collins. Meanwhile, Penny has a little cultural presentation to do for her Newcomer English Language class. She dressed up in a Thai dress. I put her hair up in a bun and she was going to play her khim (Thai hammered dulcimer) along with reading her speech. Speaking of speeches, we received a letter inviting us to an awards ceremony honoring her and other ELA students for their outstanding papers they wrote on why they are proud to be bilingual. We're so proud of her for how much she is learning and how she continues to grow in so many ways. But, naturally, there are always growing pains that go with so much change.
We're also so proud of her for how she's been working so hard with a small group of friends at school on their geography presentation. The country they were learning about was Germany. That was great, since I had visited Germany ten years ago and have a good German friend. So, I was the "cool" mom who could give them German coins, souvenirs and pictures to use for their presentation. Of course, it was the other friends who were so excited about this rather than my own daughter. She was more excited that the girls wanted to come to her house and see her cat.
3 comments:
Hi Chandra! I have so appreciated your comments on my blog and keep procrastinating commenting back! I love seeing how well Penny is doing and hearing your stories of your gorgeous girl. Looking forward to following along as we await our little Thai kiddo!
Okay, the video was adorable :). Your family just sounds like SO much fun! I feel like I've known you guys in the bloggy world forever and LOVE seeing your families joy!!!
Penny is so beautiful and it sounds like she is doing GREAT in school!! Being bilingual truly is something to be proud of - good for her!
Post a Comment