Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Cute Kid, Animals & Penny's Awards Ceremony









Here are some pictures of Penny at the CSU vet clinic. She wanted to see the horses but not to touch them. She also loves taking pictures of her kitty, Jenny. And we have some of her and her friend, Stacey at the awards ceremony where they honored kids for their outstanding entries for their ESL projects. The theme was "Why I'm Proud to Be Bilingual". There were several different categories. Penny had chosen to make a children's book with illustrations. Of the over 300 entries only about 170 were chosen. Then of the different categories the kids could get 1st, 2nd or 3rd. We were really proud of Penny that she took home a second place ribbon and certificate. At first she really downplayed the whole thing. But, in the end when we were driving away and she was holding the award in her hand she said, "I could frame this and put it in my room. I'm proud of myself." We couldn't agree more. Pretty good for only being in the U.S. for just a little over one year. Enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go, Penny! definitely something to be proud of!! Our family can't wait to meet you guys!! Great pics, thanks for sharing~

April said...

Yeah for her!!!

Can I just say that I LOVE her hair? It's so black it looks almost blue-gorgeous!

She is really grown so much!