That's so funny! Before I started typing this I thought of what I planned to title this entry and low and behold, someone on my dashboard had titled their most recent entry with the same words. It sounds like many of us are feeling we're at that stage. For those of us in the Regan clan, Penny and Dad are moving forward into their summer breaks from school. Penny was kind of sad and worn out saying "See 'ya later," to a lot of her 7th grade friends on the last day of school. Jay has finished his job at Chappelow School. On Sunday he got a call for a job interview for a music position at an elementary school in our hometown. He's very excited about this opportunity. It's been his only phone call for an interview so far and it's the one that he's most interested in. So, PLEASE pray for him! It would be nice if he could find out the result before he takes a trip to Sweden with his mother. That's right, she asked him if he'd come along to meet their distant relatives there if she'd pay for the trip. Well, he couldn't pass that offer up. So, while he's in Sweden I'll take Penny out to stay with her grandparents in South Dakota for a week. But, I'll come back to work, since I don't get paid vacation time. I am taking her birthday off, though! We're very excited about prepping for her Hello Kitty themed party which will be held at our local swimming pool just a block from our home. I'm sure pictures will be in order. I'll leave you with a few pictures of Penny, because I know that's the most fun part of everyone's blog entries. One is of her in her bedroom (note plenty of Hello Kitty stuff). Another is of her eating a Thai dessert ( bun with ice cream inside of it). Very delicious! And another is of her holding my dear friend's baby. This friend is not sure if they'll be moving back to Japan or not as her husband has some job interviews over there. So, it sounds like many of us are treading the waters of the unknown and having to trust God to lead us step by step. May He be close to all of you! And I'll share some pictures of her and her classmates.
The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Moving Forward
That's so funny! Before I started typing this I thought of what I planned to title this entry and low and behold, someone on my dashboard had titled their most recent entry with the same words. It sounds like many of us are feeling we're at that stage. For those of us in the Regan clan, Penny and Dad are moving forward into their summer breaks from school. Penny was kind of sad and worn out saying "See 'ya later," to a lot of her 7th grade friends on the last day of school. Jay has finished his job at Chappelow School. On Sunday he got a call for a job interview for a music position at an elementary school in our hometown. He's very excited about this opportunity. It's been his only phone call for an interview so far and it's the one that he's most interested in. So, PLEASE pray for him! It would be nice if he could find out the result before he takes a trip to Sweden with his mother. That's right, she asked him if he'd come along to meet their distant relatives there if she'd pay for the trip. Well, he couldn't pass that offer up. So, while he's in Sweden I'll take Penny out to stay with her grandparents in South Dakota for a week. But, I'll come back to work, since I don't get paid vacation time. I am taking her birthday off, though! We're very excited about prepping for her Hello Kitty themed party which will be held at our local swimming pool just a block from our home. I'm sure pictures will be in order. I'll leave you with a few pictures of Penny, because I know that's the most fun part of everyone's blog entries. One is of her in her bedroom (note plenty of Hello Kitty stuff). Another is of her eating a Thai dessert ( bun with ice cream inside of it). Very delicious! And another is of her holding my dear friend's baby. This friend is not sure if they'll be moving back to Japan or not as her husband has some job interviews over there. So, it sounds like many of us are treading the waters of the unknown and having to trust God to lead us step by step. May He be close to all of you! And I'll share some pictures of her and her classmates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the pics and am praying for Jay's job. Can't wait to see you guys soon! I will call this afternoon~
Blessings~
Post a Comment