Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Adoption Day!









I can't believe it's already been one year since we finalized the adoption of our sweet daughter. It happened a year ago today at a Denver juvenile court. My parents and Jay's parents, sister and her husband were all present in addition to some staff members of Adoption Alliance. We were so glad to have chosen them for our Colorado agency. They took care of everything related to our home study, meeting the requirements for the state of Colorado and finalizing the adoption almost exactly six months to the date of our return home. Our main case worker was even so kind as to tell us that we could call her at ANY hour of the night at her home, (which we did end up doing once when we had no idea of to do as our visas were almost set to expire in Thailand while waiting for Penny's immigration visa to the U.S.).

I will post pictures of the finalization day. But, unfortunately, I am not able to post present day photos, as I am separated from my family at the moment. I am at home working. Penny is having fun this week with her cousins at Grandpa and Grandma's house and Jay is with his mother in Sweden. I had quite an uneventful day. In fact, the one thing I had planned, (to mow the lawn), never happened as I could not, for the life of me, get the darn thing started. So, I guess I'll wait until my parents bring Penny back this coming weekend.

I can't even post photos of the weekend I got to spend with Penny at my parents' house, since I left the digital camera with her. So, I'm alone (well, not really...I have my feline friend Jenny to keep me company). So, I'm spending a lot of time thinking and praying about our situation of Jay, once again, a year later, facing unemployment by the end of August. I'm not sure what's ahead. But, I'm sure that God is faithful and holds us in His hands.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Love remembering those finalization days! Such great memories and wonderful pictures.

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

How wonderful! Our daughter's finalization was last December, so we'll have to figure out how to celebrate the anniversary of that big day this year!

Angie said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary!! Can you believe Penny has been home for so long?? You all look very happy...like you've been a family forever!