I feel like the whole month of March has been quite a whirlwind of activity, some fun and exciting and other stuff quite stressful. So, by the end of this month, I've finally gotten sick. I knew it was bound to happen, sooner or later, since I work at a preschool. So far, I've fared a lot better than our younger, newer teachers. But, my turn has finally come, too. I was thankful that we planned a little weekend getaway for last weekend. It was just what we needed. Let's call it our own personal Spring Break from home schooling, since we normally do the bulk of the classes on Saturday, when I'm not at work. But, we had no idea, when we planned to take a little trip to Denver, that it would come right on the heels of getting some very unexpected news. Last Friday, when I got home from work, Penny looked down and shared with me the news that she had just heard from our dear neighbors down the street. They are the nice, Christian, home schooling family that Penny likes to hang out with while I'm at work. It turns out that they are planning to move to NC at the end of April. Right after getting that news, I checked our voice mail and it turns out that Jay was letting me know that on the same day, he was told that the grocery store, in which his credit union branch is located, is closing its doors as of May 18th. Two blows at once! Let's just say that Penny had a rough night that night. So, how appropriate that we should be escaping down to Denver to go to the zoo the next day. And we had a wonderful day! The weather was absolutely perfect. Afterwards, we ate out at Swing Thai, which is Penny's current favorite Thai restaurant in Colorado. That night we had free night's stay at the Embassy Suites that Jay had won on a radio contest. The hotel reminded us of some of the upscale hotels we'd stayed at in Thailand. And Penny was excited to stop at the Lao Market on the north side of Denver on our way home. This past week was a VERY busy week for me at my work. And my new co-worker, who is still learning the ropes, ended up calling in sick twice. So, I feel like I've had more than double of my typical load of responsibility at work. We found out that the credit union that Jay is working for is definitely not planning on relocating in any other existing building in the small town where it's presently located. Penny and I started talking about the possibilities and she said she would like to move closer to her grandparents and cousins. So, Jay went ahead and applied to some open music teaching positions in SD on a whim. So, we'll see if that opens any new doors. Once again, change seems to be the theme for the Regan family. We've had way too many ever since bringing Penny home from Thailand. But, God is faithful and continues to carry us through the ups and downs. I had just been trying to encourage Penny on Wednesday afternoon, telling her that we'll just need to trust God to guide us into the unknown future. Then we drove to church that night for her youth group and my ladies' prayer group. And can you guess what the theme of our prayer group was that night? "God is our Guide!" Interesting timing, wouldn't you say?! So, will you please pray with us that God will help us continue to trust in His leading and guidance with another possible job change ahead.
The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Sunday, April 01, 2012
Life Has Been a Zoo!
I feel like the whole month of March has been quite a whirlwind of activity, some fun and exciting and other stuff quite stressful. So, by the end of this month, I've finally gotten sick. I knew it was bound to happen, sooner or later, since I work at a preschool. So far, I've fared a lot better than our younger, newer teachers. But, my turn has finally come, too. I was thankful that we planned a little weekend getaway for last weekend. It was just what we needed. Let's call it our own personal Spring Break from home schooling, since we normally do the bulk of the classes on Saturday, when I'm not at work. But, we had no idea, when we planned to take a little trip to Denver, that it would come right on the heels of getting some very unexpected news. Last Friday, when I got home from work, Penny looked down and shared with me the news that she had just heard from our dear neighbors down the street. They are the nice, Christian, home schooling family that Penny likes to hang out with while I'm at work. It turns out that they are planning to move to NC at the end of April. Right after getting that news, I checked our voice mail and it turns out that Jay was letting me know that on the same day, he was told that the grocery store, in which his credit union branch is located, is closing its doors as of May 18th. Two blows at once! Let's just say that Penny had a rough night that night. So, how appropriate that we should be escaping down to Denver to go to the zoo the next day. And we had a wonderful day! The weather was absolutely perfect. Afterwards, we ate out at Swing Thai, which is Penny's current favorite Thai restaurant in Colorado. That night we had free night's stay at the Embassy Suites that Jay had won on a radio contest. The hotel reminded us of some of the upscale hotels we'd stayed at in Thailand. And Penny was excited to stop at the Lao Market on the north side of Denver on our way home. This past week was a VERY busy week for me at my work. And my new co-worker, who is still learning the ropes, ended up calling in sick twice. So, I feel like I've had more than double of my typical load of responsibility at work. We found out that the credit union that Jay is working for is definitely not planning on relocating in any other existing building in the small town where it's presently located. Penny and I started talking about the possibilities and she said she would like to move closer to her grandparents and cousins. So, Jay went ahead and applied to some open music teaching positions in SD on a whim. So, we'll see if that opens any new doors. Once again, change seems to be the theme for the Regan family. We've had way too many ever since bringing Penny home from Thailand. But, God is faithful and continues to carry us through the ups and downs. I had just been trying to encourage Penny on Wednesday afternoon, telling her that we'll just need to trust God to guide us into the unknown future. Then we drove to church that night for her youth group and my ladies' prayer group. And can you guess what the theme of our prayer group was that night? "God is our Guide!" Interesting timing, wouldn't you say?! So, will you please pray with us that God will help us continue to trust in His leading and guidance with another possible job change ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry about Jay's job! I hope something in the school district in SD works out. It would be a new adventure for your family. We will keep you in our prayers!You are always close to our hearts!
Holly:)
Oh, we just went through that "moving away from friends" and it's hard. It's like you have to grieve it, but at least she has some notice to get used to the idea. Also, I just started a new study called Trusting God by Jerry Bridges. You all might like it right about now!
Post a Comment