The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Thursday, August 02, 2012
Changes for the Regans
Yesterday we signed a contract to sell our home! And what was the title of Penny's devotional that day? It was called, "Did you go?" It was about how God tells us to go and tell others about His love and how we need to be obedient when He tells us to "Go!" I mentioned in my last blog entry that the title of our devotional on June 14th, the day Jay got his official job offer in Denver and our 9th wedding anniversary, was "Get moving!" And then the sermon series has been all about how God told Moses to "Go!" God has such a way of speaking to His children, doesn't He? I'm sure God is trying to tell us to go to Denver because there are other people there, whom He wants us to share His love with there. And I have this feeling that it's also just a part of His bigger plan and purpose that we may somehow go to share His love with more around the world. We've all been sensing more of a desire to obey God as He leads in possibly traveling around the world to share His love in the future. But, we're still waiting on His clear leading. We're so thankful for His provision. We've been sinking in a financial sinkhole, ever since Jay and I lost our jobs the same year that we brought Penny home and just a year after we bought our home. But, God has seen us through the trials and now provided Jay with a new teaching job in Denver, which will be more income than the two of us have been making combined. We're praising Him, because He enabled us to sell our house in less than a week since we put in on the market! And the same day we were approved for a loan that will enable us to buy a property similar to our home, but with lower mortgage payments. This will enable me to stay home and focus on my home schooling with Penny. It will enable us to start to climb out of the financial black hole. And yesterday Penny asked if we could now adopt a younger sister! Well, I'm not sure what God's plans are in those regards. We told her that we should probably focus on one step at a time for now. So, for this weekend, that means finding a home in Denver, and for the upcoming month, we'll need to finish packing up our things and make plans to move, while Jay starts new job. So glad that he shouldn't need to commute for an hour one-way for very long. We're so thankful go God for His provision! This is just a picture of some flowers that grew from some seeds I scattered in our backyard. I think it's a picture of how God scatters us as His seeds and helps us sprout and grow in different plots of soil. We are meant to spread His beauty and fragrance, wherever He plants us.
This whole experience is reminding me of that little book I read about seven years ago, called, "The Prayer of Jabez". It was all about this little prayer that Jabez prayed, asking God to expand his territory. The point of it all was that God will answer that prayer when it is according to His will to bring more and more people to know about His love. It is not a magic genie trick to try and make God give us more and nicer things. It's us humbling ourselves, like Mary did, and say, "Lord will You please expand my territory in order to be able to share Your love with others? Use me and my stuff for Your purpose, Lord!" (That's my paraphrased version). The last time I seriously prayed that was just before God led us to find Penny in a list of waiting children and I KNEW that God was telling me that He wanted me to be her mom. Now, I'm wondering what God has up His sleeve. The cool thing is that now we have three family members all seeking how God wants to expand our territory and let Him use us for His purposes. What could He be leading us to next? Only He knows, but we're going to trust Him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Praise God for all His provisions for you! When we were praying about our move last year, and really trying to hear God's voice, the song "Move" kept popping up on the radio. Guess it couldn't be any clearer than that! And a younger sister? Sounds like the seed has been planted in Penny's heart, too!
I am so thankful that your house is undercontract and soon to be sold!!!I can't wait to see your new adventure unfold. Praying for all of you!
Love,
Holly& family
I love that all three of you are seeking to serve God in your lives! I look forward to seeing how His plan unfolds for you, as you give over all you have for His glory.
:)
Post a Comment