The wonderful adventures of Jay and Chandra adopting their daughter from Thailand and living as adopted children of the Heavenly Father.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Moving In
I suppose I should post since we moved into our new home. Sometimes I hesitate, because I think I can't write such eloquent posts as some of my model blogger friends out there. But, this is just my own little journal to record my thoughts and who cares if it's not up-to-par with the star writers out there. We have now been in our new home for a little over a week. We're still trying to get used to it. It didn't help that we all got sick the first weekend in our new home and are gradually recovering. I liked what the woman at "The Cat House" told us. She said, "Well, since you took out a thirty year loan, that means you have the next 30 years to unpack. Sometimes I wonder if it won't take me that long. I'm trying to figure out my priorities. Right now I'm focused on trying to help my husband and my daughter through the transition. So, who cares if we have several half opened boxes and I keep wondering where the rest of my socks and underwear ended up. Right now I'm concentrating on getting Penny back into her homeschooling routine and easing Jay into the routine, since he's the one dealing with a new job on top of the move. I'm the one with the easier life, now. I'm not working for the first time in my life. Woo Hoo! I can't take credit for taking awesome photos of the new house, but I'm busy giving my hubby massages and taking my daughter to parks, libraries and Asian markets. The Asian markets close by is the biggest draw for Penny. After all, the way to a teen's heart is through her STOMACH! She can get all of her favorite comfort foods, now. And it's only a 10-15 minute drive in a couple of different directions! Another fun bonus of moving in here was that Penny got to see a live coon up close. He jumped in the window well of our basement office and stared at us! And one morning our cat jumped up there only to find a cute, fluffy siamese cat peeking back at her. I miss many things about our old place, but I'm really enjoying many new features of this new home. It has the cottage feel that I love, only 950 sq. feet on the first floor, but actually more sq. footage with the full basement downstairs. We actually have a small guest bedroom right across from a small bath downstairs. And that's next to a large family room downstairs, where more people could stay. Can't you tell that I'm inviting friends to come for a visit? We also have a nice-sized office/home school room downstairs, besides a large utility room with lots of shelving for storage. Yeah! I love the updated kitchen with a better dishwasher. But, my favorite feature of all is the bay window looking out from the living room to the rose garden in the front yard. It makes me so happy to see our kitty relaxing there and looking out at the birds and watching us when we drive away from our new little house. Now we just have to get all of the doors fixed, as they all stick and make a terrible racket when you have to use your full muscle power to force them to open. And then there's the old smoke detector that goes off every time you open the bathroom door after taking a shower. In addition, I see a long list of painting projects ahead of me, since I'm not too keen on the 70's style "wheat theme" wallpaper downstairs, in addition to the wood panelling. But, over time I'm sure this place will gradually look more like home. I'm not in a big hurry this time. After all, we are together under one roof and that's really all that matters. God is good! What a blessing to be a family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you guys are all settling in happily. Hurray! It sounds very cozy and nice. Love the rose garden out front!
So glad that move is done and you can start making it a home!
Holly:)
Welcome home! BTW...we still have unopened boxes! :)
Post a Comment