Friday, April 17, 2015

Waffling

I find it very funny that the last title of my blog entry was "Focus on Living" and soon after that we went to church for Easter and what was in big letters at the front of the church?  "This is Living".


"So, what does that have to do with the title of this blog entry, 'Waffling'?" you may ask.  Well, as I mentioned in the last entry, we are trying hard to focus on life even though we've been through quite a period of grieving, recently.  So, as our feelings waffle back-and-forth, it's good to be reminded that God is sure and steadfast.  It's good to have Him as our rock, to support us, and to know that He'll never change.

This Spring the weather has been changing a LOT!  We go from having beautiful days of 70-80 degrees, to recent days of snow and rain!  Our health is also waffling back-and-forth.  Jay has been sick a lot, probably thanks to all of the little kids he sees on a daily basis.  Penny caught a really nasty cold the week before Easter.  Then I caught it the day after Easter.  Fortunately, we were all fairly healthy on Resurrection Sunday.  Here were some family photos we took.





The day before Easter I enjoyed working on a Pinterest inspired project of making a pendant banner.  Since Penny feels too old for Easter eggs and doesn't like candy much, I decided to at least do just a little decorating to celebrate the special occasion.




That Saturday, we let Penny sleep in.  She had been so tired out from her nasty cold.  Here she is zonked out with the cat on her bed.


Later in the day, she said she was feeling well enough to go to the art museum.  One of the great advantages to now living in the Denver area is that we can easily take in special events, like the "Free Day" at the Art Museum and it doesn't take up our whole day.








Between the ever-changing weather and our health, we're also struggling to not be overtaken by fears of the unknown, in regards to the future.  Jay is looking for a new job, as he's planning to resign from his present teaching job.  Penny will be graduating soon and has been waffling about whether or not she wants to try to go to community college this coming fall.  But, I'm proud of her, because, although she took the accuplacer test, (which was hard, especially on the writing section), she is considering re-taking it and seeing if she could make it to go to college in the fall.  I think that's quite a feat, considering that she's only known English for less than seven years of her life.  I'm trying to be the supportive wife and mother.  Part of me is excited to think of the prospect of not having to do any more grading for homeschooling.  However, if Penny is not ready, I am willing to do some more homeschooling, if need be, to give her the best possible opportunity to reach her goals, if going on to college does end up being that goal.  In the midst of this, I also discovered that the other part-time receptionist, whom we were going to hire at my church, and whom I was to start training next week, just decided to take another job. So, now I don't know who I'll be working with and exactly when I'll be training her.  I must admit that all of this waffling is not easy for my personality.  I am an ISFJ.  So, I like to have things as neatly planned and organized, as much ahead of time, as possible.  So, this is all certainly stretching me beyond my comfort zone.  But, I'm sure that God is doing his good work in and through us, in spite of us and to His glory.  So, we'll try not to whimper during the waffling time.





No comments: