Saturday, April 04, 2015

Focus on Living

During this season of change, when we see winter giving way to spring, we are feeling ever-changing emotions, as well.  We remember a year ago when Jay's father passed into glory.




It was good to catch up with old friends, from Japan, whom we hadn't seen in a long time.


Jay and Penny and Jay's mother enjoyed a drive in the mountains, while I had to work.




Jay and Mother also travelled, during Jay's spring break,  to So. Cal. in order to attend the memorial service of Mother's sister, Rose.

 Jay took many wonderful pictures while he was out there and made great memories with Mother and was happy to reconnect with cousins and a friend, whom he once babysat.  While he was away, I (Chandra) had to work at church.  I was saddened by the news of a woman suddenly losing her husband while they were in Hawaii with their grandkids.  I also heard about a terrible car accident that an old friend was in, because he had suffered a heart attack.  Ken was only 52 years old and he only lived for a few days after the tragic accident.  Here is a picture of him and another friend from back in 1990, when we attended a young adults retreat at a church camp.

With all of the recent remembrances of dearly loved ones who have passed on to glory, we have such mixed emotions.  We smile with joy at the memories.  We weep over the loss.  We are striving to remember that they are in a better place with Jesus.  Fortunately, we know that all of those whom we lost did love the Lord.  So, we are assured that they had received God's free gift of salvation, which is available to all who believe, by faith.  But, somehow, we just couldn't pull ourselves to go to the Good Friday service at church this year.  We are forever grateful for what Jesus did on our behalf on the cross.  But, this year we just feel a need to focus on the hope of Easter.  We've been reminded, in so many ways, of the sadness that sin and death bring.  So, we look forward to the hope of celebrating Resurrection on Easter Sunday!  We hope, too, that you know this everlasting hope of new and eternal life!

While Jay was away, Penny and I also tried to focus on the simple joys of everyday living.  We did our laundry and enjoyed hanging it outside to dry, since it was about 80 degrees and sunny!

We also BBQ'd shrimp and veggie shishkabobs.


We went shopping and scored big time on bargains at a thrift store where everything was 1/2 off!  And I have started getting her graduation invitations ready to mail off.  She has been studying for the Accuplacer exam for college.  But, Penny is feeling under the weather, now, as she caught a cold.  So, while she rests, I've been busy finishing up the graduation pendant banner I've been making for her graduation party.  It's not until June, but I'm trying to work ahead so that I won't have to scramble at the last minute.  Here was my fun crafting project.






Can't believe we're just a little over a month away from her graduation ceremony!  Yikes!  Well, what have you been up to this Spring?  Hope you are all celebrating life, as well!  I'll leave you with a few of Jay's beautiful photos from his recent trip to California. 














No comments: