Sunday, August 09, 2015

July 2015

Here are some of the highlights of our July.  Penny helped out at as a counselor at the Thai/Vietnamese Heritage Camp in Estes Park, CO. 


She got to demonstrate for the kids about playing her Thai  instrument, the "khim" or Thai hammered dulcimer.


The day after she came home we went to "Faith Day" at the Rockies.  We invited "old" friends from Ft. Collins, the Scotts to take the train with us to downtown Denver. 


 It was a great baseball game in which the Rockies beat the Cincinnati Reds 17-7!




We had fun cheering them on after their many homeruns!



 And after the game we got to see a free concert by Michael W. Smith.



I've been busy working quite a bit at church.  In fact, I started another part-time job at the church of being a weekend and sometimes night custodian.  So, I'm almost working full-time.  Meanwhile, Jay continues to look for work.  When I'm not working I'm at home doing things like watering the flowers. 










This was the first year that I planted seeds of "morning glories".  I just had my first, ever flower bloom.  I discovered that they only bloom for one day.  So, I'm glad that I took a picture of it's fleeting beauty. 



I'll look forward to more blooms ahead.  Hope your summer is filled with beautiful memories, too!






No comments: