Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 2016

I can't believe that February is almost half way over.  I feel like it's flying by!  It's largely because I'm now working between 30-38 hours every week.  Between my new job and Penny's new, heavier load at community college, we're still trying to get used to the busier schedule.  I think it's been a little hard even on our kitty, who was used to having us around more before.  But, I must say that I've been trying hard to keep in shape by doing aeorbics and it's actually going pretty well.  In fact, thanks to also doing some weight lifting, I didn't ache at all after shoveling a couple of times on our snow day, when we had about 13 inches of snow!
 But, since then, it's warmed up again, nicely.  That's what we love about Colorado!  It doesn't take long to start melting.  The other thing we like about Colorado, are our Denver Broncos!  How about that Superbowl 50?!  Yeah!  We're home to the champions!  We had fun that day with a Broncos Brunch after church...








And that night, I made orange/honey glazed chicken with orange carrots for dinner.


 For Valentine's this year, I really wanted to do a little decorating.  So, I found a few cute finds at the local thrift store, got a stem of flowers from the grocery store, which I put in my own vase and made our home look festive for the holiday in which we celebrate love!








Penny gave Jay and I a special treat, by inviting us, and paying for us to go to a special concert.  Her teacher of her music appreciation class had a concert of romantic South American classical guitar music to celebrate the release of his new album.  It was a very warm, intimate concert of great music!  Turns out that he went to high school in the town where my (Chandra) parents and brothers live!  What a small world!  And it just so "happened" that Jay's former co-worker from the last school where he taught happened to be there, too, because he's also a classical guitarist.  What a fun small world it is!

This morning, before we went to church, I spontaneously decided to give myself a haircut!  Last fall I got a haircut which I REALLY disliked!  The girl cut my hair with all kinds of uneven layers (on just one side), which I couldn't stand!  I've been trimming since then to try to gradually help the layers try to even up.  But, this morning I still saw shorter strands and I thought, "Ugh!  I MUST fix this!"  So, right then and there I got out my scissors and started cutting away.  And here's what I ended up with...



I actually like what I did to my hair better than what I paid the girl to do last fall.  So, perhaps that's the end of going to someone else to cut my hair from now on!  Did you also notice that I got new glasses? That's right!  In fact, if you look very closely, you might notice that there are extra lines on those new glasses.  That's right!  Now that I'm getting closer to 50 than 40 I finally bit the bullet and humbled myself by getting trifocals.  Now, I can look more like my dad!  The other change that happened today was that I finally took the plunge by buying my first, ever smart phones.  Both Jay and I went for the Samsung phones by Tracfone, which we were on sale for only $39.99 each!  And it gave us all kinds of bonus fuel points to boot!  So, now, we'll see how long it takes this "old" lady to figure out the new smart phone. 

Finally, we finished the night off by watching the Disney movie "Inside Out", which was very fun and, of course, made me cry.  So, I had to clean off my new glasses after that.  Just heard of a couple age 103 and 104 who are about to celebrate 83 years of marriage this year back in South Dakota.  Since, we waited until our mid/late 30's to get married, I don't think we can make it to 83 years.  But, it was a happy day realizing that we've been married exactly 11 years and 8 months and are still happy to be together!  

Even if you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse, I hope that everyone reading this remembers that he/she is deeply loved by our Maker, Lover, and Friend, the author and giver of LOVE and LIFE! 






No comments: