The best thing is that I'm truly blessed with a wonderful and loving family. Jay's mother came down from Ft. Collins to treat me and Penny to a special treat. We went to the Buell Theater in downtown Denver to see Shen Yun, an amazing group of Chinese dancers, complete with an incredible orchestra. There was good music, dance, drumming and acrobatic feats, besides an interactive digital screen in the background. No pictures allowed inside. So, I'll only put pictures of us at the restaurant or outside the theater.
That was a special early birthday celebration on the Saturday before my birthday. So, that night we had cake and ice cream together, since Mother was with us to help us celebrate. Penny had made me my favorite cake, angel food cake to eat with strawberries and ice cream. Yummy!
Can you guess my age by the number of candles? Sorry I don't have a prize for the person who guesses correctly. But, the fact that I am now wearing trifocals gives you the hint that I'm not a Spring chicken anymore!
On the actual day of my birthday I was very surprised to come out to the living room and discover THIS!
But I was a good girl and waited until later that evening to open my gift. After work, we went out to Beau Joe's Pizza. And when we got home I opened my gifts. The big box was a new CD/radio boom box type stereo, since my old one was dying. Jay is so good about noticing what things I wish I had. And my sister-in-law, Doreen really surprised me! I had just been thinking that I ought to get a new makeup bag and new makeup. Here she gave me one I loved, along with a pretty scarf and Colorado key chain, which I've already been using.
Penny gave me a very sweet, sentimental gift, a cute handmade card, since she had been too busy getting ready for mid-terms to get me a gift. I love the effort she took to make this.
A couple of days after my birthday, we had the privilege of hearing Jay sing his heart out with the Cherry Creek Chorale. They did a great Celtic concert.
There were even bag pipes and a special Celtic group that joined the singers. The group played a Celtic harp, fiddle and bodhran (handheld drum), as well as vocal accompaniment. It was beautiful!
We have been enjoying a lot of very warm weather, but got another 6 inches or so of snow yesterday. This morning as I was washing dishes I had the privilege of seeing this fellow drinking water from our eaves.
Yes, the hope of Spring is in the air! Another reason to rejoice!
But, we will celebrate the best reason of all to rejoice just a week from tomorrow...
Easter! My mom sent me some cute lambs. They bring a smile to my face and remind me that Jesus is my lamb of God, who came to give His life for you and me and He overcame death by rising again. The promise of new life by putting our trust in Him is the real reason to rejoice!
HALLELUJAH!


No comments:
Post a Comment