
Here's the link to the blog entry I did last year when I painted over the ugly wheat designed wallpaper. Good-bye to Wheat Walls
Gradually, I worked my way around the room getting all of the ugly walls repainted except for one corner behind our entertainment center.
Well, finally, I decided that the time had come to tackle that last corner. I had put it off so long, largely because the entertainment center is SO heavy! But after decluttering our DVD's I felt like it was time to make a new start by moving the entertainment center. I managed to get it all moved by myself and finally finished my painting project. So, it took at least four different phases over a period of almost 4 years, but I'm finally finished. So, here are the photos of my last phase of the painting project in my basement family room.



And here is the room after it was all complete....
I'm so thankful that our family room is now a welcoming and bright space, rather than the dark brown cave with brown carpet, rough brown wood walls and ugly brown wheat wallpaper. In fact, it was so dark that when we first moved in Penny was scared to go downstairs. Now it's a great place to welcome guests, like Jay's mom who came to visit us for Mother's Day this weekend, right after I finished my first painting project.
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

















No comments:
Post a Comment