Here's what it started to look like after priming it.
And here's how it started looking after the first coat of primer and paint on the wood.
Next, I cleaned the rusting metal braces and prepped for painting them by putting up painters tape on the windows, door handle and light. Then I primed both the braces and the metal door by using spray paint primer.
Next I painted two coats of white paint over everything as well as some Behr celery sprig green color on the wood panel part of the door.
It took me over one month worth of weekends, since some of those weekends were interrupted with severe weather, such as hail, rain and even snow. But, finally, last weekend I finished both coats on both walls, as well as two coats of green on the wood panel of the door. So, here's the final AFTER pictures...
Just to compare, with the ugly before, if you had forgotten how bad it looked...
Now I'll just need to figure out how to refurbish the old, weathered, awful looking boards of the deck! But, I've also been working on another painting project in the laundry room, since the weather turned wintry and my outdoor painting was delayed. So, you'll just have to wait and see which DIY project I tackle next.






























No comments:
Post a Comment