Well, I have to say that I definitely fell off the wagon with doing all of the Flylady routines ever since I came down with a nasty virus that lasted six weeks! As I was lying on the couch feeling miserable I couldn't care less about doing anything to clean my house. My dear husband tried to do all that he could while I was sick. My lovely daughter came down with the virus right after me and now Jay is sick. So, I'm just starting to get back into the routine. At least I have my control journal with my daily routines listed. I'm back to doing the morning and evening routines. I'm just starting to do some of the weekly blessings. But, I've not done much zone cleaning. Instead, I've just started cleaning a few things, here and there, which seem to have suffered the most since I fell out of routine. Unfortunately, about the time I went back to work I was starting to get re-motivated since I was almost over my virus. But, soon after that I came down with another cold. So, now that my cold is almost over, my energy is coming back and I think I'll be able to do more. But, at least yesterday I got motivated to clean out the drawer under my oven. I was noticing more and more crumbs and grime accumulating in there and was getting grossed out by it. So, I decided that I should just take everything out of the drawer to clean it. Well, while I was at it, I might as well take the entire drawer out and see what might be lurking in the dark recesses under the oven/stove. Here was the yucky mess in the Before photos...



After cleaning up, it was much improved. Now I actually want to open the drawer. I even found one lone cooking chopstick under there. So, that's where the missing pair ended up! I had thrown away the one lone chopstick that had been left in the container on the counter months ago.




Do you have any cleaning battles you are facing? I am going to try to do a better job of staying on the wagon of doing my Flylady cleaning routines (so long as I'm healthy enough to have the energy). That's what I like about her book, she emphasizes having grace for yourself and to truly F.L.Y. (Finally Love Yourself). And in the recent Marie Kondo book I'm reading she suggests that after you finish your tidying marathons you should then focus on keeping your house clean. So, since I'm not all the way through with the Konmari method, I'm giving myself grace in that I can't always keep up with the cleaning routines as well as I would like to. After all, it's not about perfection, but being present and enjoying the life and the things that God has blessed you with!
No comments:
Post a Comment