Saturday, January 06, 2007

Step-by-Step

We are making progress, one step at a time. We've now scanned at least 75 pages of documents we have completed. I wrote up my four page autobiography. Jay has tranferred money and begun writing checks and purchasing money orders. We've also gotten our physicals and our fingerprints done at the local sheriff's office. The first weekend in February we'll do our first twelve hours of classes required by the state of Colorado. This year Colorado has decided to require an additional twelve required hours of face-to-face education. So, that'll mean another trip to Denver sometime in the future.

Also, I've begun trying to make some connections with Thai people. We ate at a Thai restaurant in Fort Collins, which we both really enjoyed. And I made e-mail contact with a Thai woman living in Denver who is a member of the Thai Lion's Club there. Her husband is a Fort Collins native. He attended the same high school as Jay and taught for several years at CSU. She said that we are welcome to attend their monthly cultural meetings and would look forward to meeting us in person. I'm hoping that we might be able to meet when we go down there for our adoption training in a month.

No comments: